Driver Safety Training
$400 + GST
If all drivers on the road had the skills of racing drivers, there would be no accidents Much of what we teach in this program are the fundamentals derived from our other programs and is similar to winter driving courses offered in Northern Europe. Due to the unique background and experience of ABRS Instructors the material provided in this course is unavailable at other driving schools.
This year round Alberta Transportation certified Skid Recovery / Accident Avoidance driving programs is at Calgary's only purpose built driver training facility. Programs can be booked for individual drivers or group arrangements for corporate / fleet drivers.
This proven six hour course is unique in Southern Alberta, designed to improve driver skills and increased awareness necessary to conduct a vehicle safely, patricularly under typical Alberta winter driving conditions.
Numerous unique driving techniques and skills are introduced and implemented that will greatly increase the driver's awareness and sensitivity required for safely driving in winter conditions.
These courses are run in the students own vehicle which ensures that the student can successfully accomplish these techniques when on the road.
This program is ideal for new or less experienced drivers, companies that operate vehicle fleets and for individuals that can use a little assistance in winter driving conditions.
- Become a Better Winter Driver!
- Learn and practice emergency recovery and accident avoidance techniques in a supervised, safe and controlled environment
- Develop and reinforce good driving habits
- Understand the significance and consequences of excessive speed
- Heightened sense of awareness - learn to identify potential driving hazards
- Increased sensitivity to balance and attitude of car
- Create better judgment in driving decisions
- Night driving tips – much of your winter driving happens at night
- Potential of lower insurance claims resulting in improved rates
- Reduction of lost revenues due to vehicle and staff downtime
- Potential improvement in Government Carrier Profile
This program commences with a classroom session outlining the handling dynamics of a vehicle and how this relates to winter driving techniques and emergency maneuvers; explaining not just what to do but why these techniques work. This leads to various supervised driving exercises in students own vehicle at our training facility.
Our unique program structure allows us to identify strengths and deficiencies in each driver, then work with them to reinforce their strengths and improve their skills in deficient areas.
Although this program is a safety program the dynamics prove to be challenging and fun for drivers of all skill levels.
This program has assisted many drivers in avoiding accidents.
With our extensive background in creating, developing and implementing professional driver training events, we receive many requests to provide Driver Safety Programs. Our Alberta Transportation certified programs are for corporate staff and employees at locations in throughout Alberta consisting of:
1. Classroom training session using multimedia presentation and accompanying student guidebook outlining the following core concepts.
- Driver Attitude
- Driver Positioning
- Seatbelt and Engineered Survival Space
- Vehicle Preparation
- Vision & Awareness
- Ditch Entry
- SUV’s and Pickup Trucks
- Trip Management
- Cell phone Use
- Animal Collisions
- Night Driving
- Tire Dynamics
- Vehicle Dynamics
- Control Recovery Techniques
2. Skid pad instruction (4-6 hours) in company vehicles including:
- Various accident avoidance and vehicle control exercises
- Instruction and observation by ABDS instructors
- Student evaluation by ABDS instructors including;
- Identification of causes of driving deficiencies
- Counselling / reinforcement based on student evaluation and core concepts
3. We can also implement our Interactive Wireless Classroom Testing System
- Questions can be developed to address specific concerns
- Delivery design encourages group collaboration and participation
- Immediate in-class feedback
- Extensive reporting system
- Results in high learning-retention
- Identify higher risk drivers
The dynamics of these programs event prove to be very challenging for drivers of all skill levels. This program can also be directed towards specific departments or particular vehicle segments such as light trucks. In view of the workload challenges for corporate clients we can implement this program in a single day or over several, depending on numbers and time schedules.